Sunday, November 24, 2013

Carrots!


Hooray for carrots. Even though their R6 a kg it's not a vegetable that is going to save you money for growing, but it's worth the experience. They do taste 100% better than the bought ones but these took a long long time to grow. We started them in winter, 6 months later and halfway through summer still waiting for some to grow. But I decided to pull them up today and planted some more carrot seeds. These didnt get off to a good start. First frost, then white fly and bad weather.  If I was depending on these I would have starved to death long ago. I found that carrots are quiet easy to grow, they dont need much care but they need fertilizer when they start growing. The soil can be needs to be a bit loose but nothing like potting soil. Anything to hard and they become deformed. Hopefully the new batch wont take so long :)




No comments:

Post a Comment