And I also picked some of my beans, these were the Star 300 beans and they really didnt yield very much. Im not sure if it was the weather, the soil or just bad luck but I have bought the Green feast beans to try so I hope they do well. The Star 3000 I must say they grew fast and can take a beating but I only had 3 bushes and only got maybe 20 beans per bush. So you either have to have like 100 bushes or try a new variety.The Greenfeast is said to have a very high yield rate so I will see.
I am still waiting for my Zucchinis to get a bit bigger before I can pick those and have it roasted with some onions, pumpkin carrots and chicken. Hmmmmm I cant wait.
Also if you haven't already seen, I have added two more pages to my blog; tips and fertilizers. So go have a look at those if you have a minute to spare.
I know that its probably best to get your growing tips from an expert gardener whose been gardening longer than 8 months. But sometimes its nice to get some tips from a novice whose getting down and dirty doing it and messing up from time to time.
Hope everyone has a good week. This week I have to pile the sand up on my potatoes, deweed (I seem to do this so often its like weeds rain down with the rain drops!) and also give my plants some sea grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment