Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Herbs, glorious herbs!


So herbs is what I started out with and they are doing pretty well, their growth was stunted in the beginning because I had bad soil, potting mix isn't for planting herbs they need sandy soil so that their little roots can grab hold and grow. The four herbs that are doing the best inside are my Marjoram, Basil, Thyme and Chives which is really lucky because they are some of the ones I use the most. My chives I keep in the fridge in a zip lock bag to use fresh but the others I freeze in water in ice blocks so that I can just pop it in the food as I cook. the basil especially because you cant keep it in the fridge and drying it out is to hard since there is so much water inside the leaf. I have thrown out quiet a few leaves learning this.
I have bought some more top soil to mix into the soil I have for my herbs so that they can do better.





No comments:

Post a Comment