So another quick update on some of my plants outside:
So the garlic chives are starting to flower, these are great because they seed themselves year after year and each year they come up they are thicker and more tasty. This year I am going to save some of the seeds, so that if anything happens to these I can grow them again. They have grown well in a full sun place that gets more than 10 hours of direct hot sun. I don't water them they only get water when it rains and I dont often give them fertilizer either and they are thriving. I think some plants need to be treated like weeds.
These three plants are all tomato plants, a cherry tomato plant, red roma and yellow roma all are resilient to the viticulium wilt that killed everything else. I didnt know this that was just dumb luck that they were resilient.
This is my best tomato plant that has survived. There are three others but they are about half the size of this bush.
Some of the first tomatoes are finally starting to ripen, these bushes are a giant heirloom variety but the tomatoes are only about the size of a tennis ball. But thats due to the bad state the bushes were in for a long time. :(
My Zucchini bush, I had no idea that the bushes got quite so big. And also there is Fred, my basset that is determined to eat everything that I plant. But hes been pretty good lately
And Finally one of the Zucchinis that are growing. I'll get to pick and get them soon. I cant wait
So the garlic chives are starting to flower, these are great because they seed themselves year after year and each year they come up they are thicker and more tasty. This year I am going to save some of the seeds, so that if anything happens to these I can grow them again. They have grown well in a full sun place that gets more than 10 hours of direct hot sun. I don't water them they only get water when it rains and I dont often give them fertilizer either and they are thriving. I think some plants need to be treated like weeds.
At the top, my thirst back of carrots have finally sprouted up yay. Then my second batch of carrots are doing extremely well, with tiny carrots on the way. These carrots are about the size of a pencil now. I needs to give them some sea grow to help them grow big and fat
These three plants are all tomato plants, a cherry tomato plant, red roma and yellow roma all are resilient to the viticulium wilt that killed everything else. I didnt know this that was just dumb luck that they were resilient.
This is my best tomato plant that has survived. There are three others but they are about half the size of this bush.
Some of the first tomatoes are finally starting to ripen, these bushes are a giant heirloom variety but the tomatoes are only about the size of a tennis ball. But thats due to the bad state the bushes were in for a long time. :(
My Zucchini bush, I had no idea that the bushes got quite so big. And also there is Fred, my basset that is determined to eat everything that I plant. But hes been pretty good lately
And Finally one of the Zucchinis that are growing. I'll get to pick and get them soon. I cant wait
Thank you very much, your blog is very nice your photos are stunning :)
ReplyDelete